Sunday 26 February 2012

Danni Smurthwaite


I definitely have a certain “style” to my work. With a Fashion Design background my illustrations are very female and fashion driven.
Below is a particularly favourite illustration of mine, so much so that I actually have it tattooed on my forearm. This is Taylor. I created her as a “memorial” piece to saying goodbye to my fashion career and concentrating more on my illustrative endeavours.
 All my “girls” have an alternative quirky edge to them and I enjoy using bold colours and creating a “lifestyle” for them without actually placing them in a scene. I leave that for the viewer to create.
 
Below is another of my favourite illustrations. I usually use very bold striking colours in my work, but once I had finished drawing this piece I felt it needed a softer colour approach.
 
As well as illustration, graphic design also plays a large part in my portfolio.
I am currently involved in the POS (Point if Sale) design for UK brands, Booze Buster, Whittalls Wines, Simply Drinks and Oddbins. (over 100 stores in total) and have been doing this for the past 12months. Here’s a sample of some of the Blackboards I have created for the stores

You can see more of my work at www.doodlesbydanni.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment